Bernard Lintot is born at Southwater, near Horsham, Sussex, the son of John Lintott, yeoman.
Lintot is bound apprentice at Stationers' Hall to Thomas Lingard and afterwards turned over to John Harding.
Lintot is made free of the company 18 March 1700. He begins trade independently at the Cross Keys in St. Martin's Lane near Long Acre before his apprenticeship officially ends, with his name appearing on the title pages of six plays in 1698.
Marries the widowed Catherine Langley (1664–1748) at St. Bartholomew's, Smithfield.
Moves to the Post Office or Post House in the Middle Temple Gate in Fleet Street.
Dies 3 February, and is buried at St. Dunstan in the West, Fleet Street, on 9 February.